This week 1st – 7th June is national Volunteer’s Week, and we are keen to acknowledge the contributions of the wide range of volunteers we have working with us. We are thankful to everyone who gives their time to develop the community into a better place for us all.
People choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons. For some it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people around them. For others it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge.
Everyone whether Trustee, member or volunteer now and again every role has it’s merits and is an individual choosing to give some of their time back to the community.
These are the skill areas we are reaching out to see if anyone is willing to assist with:
Health and safety
Even if you can only spare an hour or two now and again that may make all the difference to us! Message us here https://ccdt.org.uk/contact-us/
Some benefits of volunteer work you might not be aware of:
- Meet new people and develop lasting relationships.
- Increase your happiness and better your mental health.
- Learn new skills and increase your brain function and self-esteem.
- Stand out on job applications and further your career.
- Decrease your stress and accrue the health benefits.
- Do good in the world and help make a difference.