Doors Open Days 18-19 September

Polmaise Castle was built by the Architect William Burn in 1863 and demolished 14th July 1966. Although not a designated historic garden and designed landscape, the castle’s gardens were laid out and retain many remnants of its past.

In 2019 Cambusbarron Community Development Trust purchased 64 hectares of Polmaise Wood, on the north-east side of Gillies Hill. This will allow the community to have an active role in protecting, managing, and developing the Hill.

During Doors Open Days 2021 we will be offering guided tours of areas that are now managed by the community, including the ruins of Polmaise Castle, the walled garden, and the Dark Wids. 

18 September 2021 (10am-4pm)
19 September 2021 (10am-4pm)

The tours will be free, but booking is essential. 

For more information and to book, please read the Doors Open Day information here: